Origin and Miss Sallie’s history of the macaron
The origin of the macarons is unknown, but you could say they’re quinessentail french. From the first time Miss Sallie tasted her first macaron in the 6th arrondissement of Paris she was inspired to make these beautiful little almond/meringue biscuits with their beautiful fillings.
Miss Sallie’s Cuisine Description of her macarons
Miss Sallie’s Cuisine makes her macarons with egg whites, almond meal and sugar, and food colourings to make these viribant in little biscuits. Her method of making macarons allows the macaron biscuit to be crispy and chewy and brightly coloured, and deliciously flavoured. At Miss Sallie’s Cuisine we use a variety of fillings to jam the delicate macaron biscuits together.
The descriptions of fillings you can choose from:
- Chocolate ganaches and flavoured ganaches like minty or chilli ganache
- Her patisseirie creams include earl grey, lavender or vanilla.
- We only use french,italian or swiss buttercream in the macarons and flavours you could choose from are coffee or praline
- Jams are made from fruit and prepared freshly in Miss Sallie’s Cuisine, you can choose from flavours like apple and cinnamon or strawberry.
- Confits are similar to jams but usually drier than jam but no less tasteier. Infact, maybe even more delicious than jams, check out the pineapple and saffron filling.
- In addition to these we sometimes fill our macarons with savoury flavours; such as salmon and cream cheese.
If there is a flavour you like but it is not on our list, please contact us directly and request it; i am sure we can accomodate your desired flavour.
The people or person who will receives this order of cheesscake will get them in a white cupcake cardboard box. These boxes can be recycled or compostable. Also at Miss Sallie’s Cuisine we offer a small gift card upon request, which we can write a small message for you; free of charge.
Minimum order required for macarons is 6.
Please note We need between 2 and 10 days notice please leave date required in the order note so we can schedule your order to arrive on time.